Thursday, September 11, 2008

Riley's Booboo

I got a call on Tuesday - you know the one you hate to get, from the babysitter - not because I don't like her because we LOVE her, but I immediately think that a) Riley's sick or b) something happened to Riley.

Tuesday was even worse because it was a mere 45 minutes or so after I had dropped her off and she seemed perfectly fine when I did drop her off, a bit sleepy, but not sick. Her first words were, "Riley's ok now, but......." and I'm sure the pause wasn't nearly as long as I thought it was, "but I'm glad you had her pictures taken 2 weeks ago because she's probably going to have a black eye."

I think we are pretty easy going parents - I don't usually get all wound up about booboo's (of course she's not had any real major ones either) I'm really ok with her having a bruise here or there and a scraped knee so I was kinda surprised how I kinda stressed when Vickie first called. When I got there though it wasn't bad at all, I felt sorry for her, it looked like it hurt, but the swelling had gone down so she was left with a small bruise and a cut where she'd come face-to-face with the end table. It won in case you were wondering.

A kiss from mommy made it all better and had her smiling within seconds - her eye is a little blacker today, but that's ok - it's a battle wound, it makes her tough looking.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

She's still as beautiful as ever. BooBoo and all! Glad she is okay.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW that baby girl looks like a prize fighter!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Melissa said...

hopefully she is okay :)