Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF- Hope

The theme that Sarah picked this week for FFF was Hope.................this was a theme that I had a hard time nailing down, I looked thru pictures, I pondered, I looked some more just trying to come up with a good picture of Hope and what it meant to me. My pictures don't go together at all this week - but I'm a pretty random person by nature so I guess that suits me just fine really :)
*************************************************
This is my friend Gina's little boy. He went in the hospital May 1st of this year for "pneumonia" and they found a 5cm tumor in his chest. It was cancer. It was wrapped around his aorta. They did surgery and it was scary. He was 11 months old.This is Carter a month later at his very first birthday party - and he's cancer free. God is GOOD!*************************************************
This is my grandpa. He passed away the day after Thanksgiving 2006. I miss him. He was one of the best men I've ever known - he was truly a good person, always helping others and doing the right thing, even when it wasn't the easiest. He wasn't a Christian. He found Jesus, in a real way just days before he went to meet Him. Riley loves her Papa Gene and even though I know she can't remember him well (she was 1) she knows that he is in heaven! God is GOOD!
*************************************************
This little boy is Granton Bayless - he was very sick (and still isn't out of the woods quite yet). They weren't sure he was going to make it, he has/had a rare disease called severe combined immunodeficiency. He's had many ups and downs along the way, but God is good, God is faithful and God loves His kiddos. He's out of the hospital after a 5 1/2 month stay and able to be with his mom in the Ronald McDonald house. Not only did God spare his precious life, but the bone marrow drives held to originally find him a donor have already helped at least 2 other individuals. God is good in all situations.

I'm also thanksful for the HOPE I have in Jesus Christ. I don't know how people go thru life without Him - I know I couldn't handle it on my own!

5 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

What a wonderful post. Faith really is everything, isn't it?

Debbie said...

What a great post!! Hope is the one thing that Christians have the most of!

Debbie

Kangamoo said...

Hope is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What great post!!!!

We brought Abby home from Guatemala Thanksgiving Day 2006..One Angel leaves this earth and another arrives (well to the U.S) at least!

HUgs and prayers,Leslie

Gina said...

Thanks for putting Carter on your hope post. I was gonna post a FFF this week but ran out of time, it would of been a perfect time because Carter's story means hope to me for sure! Seeing that picture of him before we even knew what was going on brings a lot of emotion. So much changed in such a short time yet I am so blessed!
Love you,
Gina