Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My heart is burdened

This video really made me think last week, I kept it to myself.

Our revival pastor, Matt Kearns (who is amazing by the way), really made me think last night. He talked with people in our town and asked if they knew anything about the church up the road, they hadn't even heard of it. We only have about 2,000 people in our town, we should be reaching out better than we are, I should be reaching out better than I am, I should be sharing the most precious thing in my life with everyone I meet. I should really and truly be showing the love of Christ to everyone I meet, not just by living a good and wholesome life, but by truly caring about every single person I come in contact with and showing them that, I fail on a daily basis. Jesus was never too busy, why should that be my excuse?

Here are the lyrics for the chorus of Brandon Heath's "Give Me Your Eyes" - and my prayer for today
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten

No pictures today, just laying my heart out there, praying this song touches someone else too and get them thinking about all those people we see and walk by everyday, but never stop to think about........Lord burden our hearts for them, open our eyes to their hurt and their pain, let us LOVE them as You would, don't let us miss them any longer.


No comments: