Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm old!

I'm in denial that my class reunion was last weekend, surely there's been some mistake and I haven't been out of high school for 10 years, because it doesn't feel like I'm 27 years old, it doesn't feel like it was 10 years ago that I was standing in that hot and humid gym waiting to switch that tassel from one side of that silly mortarboard hat to the other (why do we have those crazy hats anyways, they really are quite bizarre don't you think). But I guess since I did recognize all people as my classmates, I must be that old.........I mean a grown-up.

The only pic of me from the night
because I totally forgot to take our family photo
Me, Jessica, Mike, Natalie

But then I see all of our children - and since we didn't have any when we graduated, I guess we have aged a few years.........but 10, I'm just not sure.

Jenelle & Colter - such a silly, fun boy!

It's funny that age really doesn't bother me, I'll happily turn 30 in a few years, yeah I guess, it really will just be another birthday, but it will be a nice round number, but I don't think it will stress me out or anything.

Jenelle, Colter & John Woods

But for some reason, having a 10 year reunion did kinda make me feel old..........Oh well, I guess everyone has them :)

Riley making a Play-Doh tower, and then not sure about sharing it

My friend Katie, her hubby and four children (yikes her hands are full!)


2 comments:

Jenelle said...

We're not old! Seeing people I hadn't seen in 10 years though was weird!! I was just getting ready to email you and ask for the pictures of us, and then the ones I wanted were on your blog! I guess I can just steal them from there. :) The slide show you sent out was way cool. Thanks!

Kangamoo said...

My mother said, after coming back from a 50 year class reunion "That is one place no one can lie about their age."

You wear your years well. I just turned 46 yesterday and still feel young, well until my kids come up to me and inform me that I am not. Or if I think too long that my 21 year old took me out to dinner for my special day.